- In only one day, you can discover 2 World Heritages listed in Hiroshima
- With an English speaking guide, pop between historic landmarks with magnificent views
- Multilingual Audio Guide with 8 languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Thai)
Discover both Hiroshima and Miyajima on a 1-day bus tour. Visit the Peace Memorial Park and the Museum. See Atomic Bomb Dome and Itsukushima Shrine. Travel on air-conditioned coach. English-speaking tour guide will escort you on the tour. A multilingual audio guide is available on the bus. The audio guide is available in several languages. Kyoto and Osaka departures include the "shinkansen" bullet train ticket to Hiroshima.
Visit the Atomic Bomb Dome, the Peace Memorial Park and the Peace Memorial Museum. Those are peace memorial heritages in Japan. Get experience about peace here. Also, we can see the Hiroshima Castle on the way. Have lunch in Hiroshima where you can eat the okonomiyaki dish if you choose to. Okonomiyaki, a Japanese pancake with pork, seafood and Chinese noodle, is one of the local specialties in Hiroshima. Travel to Miyajima and the Itsukushima Shrine. Here is the World Heritages of UNESCO. Please do not forget to take your camera because you will see wonderful views with the torii gate and the shrine above sea.
7:45 am Meeting at Kyoto Station
8:00 am Meeting at Shin-Osaka Station
10:00 am Meeting at Hiroshima Station
Atomic Bomb Dome
- It was built in 1915 by Jan Letzel who is from Czech Republic.
- You can still see original construction which survived the Atomic Bomb.
Peace Memorial Park
- There are more than 50 peace statues in this park.
- You will see lots of paper cranes at the park. Praying for eternal peace.
Peace Memorial Museum (50 min)
- There are so many exhibits related to WW2.
- You can see some videos which were recorded by victims.
- You will learn about the tragedy of history there.
Okonomi Yaki Lunch
- Lunch information: Japanese savory pancake. It is called "Okonomiyaki". There is a vegetarian option as well.
- You will enjoy okonomiyaki on the "teppan" (hot iron) plate.
- You will get there by ferry.
- You can see up close wild deer on the way to Itsukushima shrine.
- This is the Shinto shrine’s gate which located on the sea.
- It is 16 meters high. The same size of great Buddha in Nara.
- It will be under renovation from June to next year 2020.
- It was originally built in 593, and almost all constructions were built in 1168.
- It is located at the sea as well.
- You will enjoy magnificent views, and historical construction painted in vivid vermilion.
(Optional: There are 2 options: visit the temple with your guide or explore Miyajima by yourself)
- It is the oldest temple in Miyajima.
- You will see more than 1,000 unique statues there.
- You can also enjoy beautiful and mysterious lanterns in a hall.
Included in price
- English, and Japanese speaking tour guide
- 8 languages audio guides on the bus (English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Russian)
- Admission fee for each destination
- Free Wifi on the air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Know before you book
8 or more days prior to the tour date- Free
7 days to 2 days prior to the tour date - 30% of the tour fare
1 day prior to the tour date - 40% of the tour fare
Prior to the starting time of the tour - 50% of the tour fare
On or after the tour date or without notice - 100% of the tour fare
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on traffic, weather and operation
What you need to bring
- Comfortable shoes
From Kyoto 7:45am (Meeting point: In front of Shinkansen Central Gate)
From Shin-Osaka 8:00am (Meeting point: In front of Central Gate)
From Hiroshima 10:00am (Meeting point: In front of Shinkansen Ticket Gate)
Organised by Japan Panoramic Tours
Both Hiroshima peace park and Miyajima and the Itsukushima Shrine need half day to visit, and they are about one hour drive (plus 15 minutes ferry) apart. So if you want to visit those two places in one day, it is better to join the tour.