- Stay at a Michelin 3-star awarded Kyoto hotel
- Enjoy a maiko performance in your hotel room
- Join exciting one-day tours available exclusively to The Junei Hotel guests
Stay at the Michelin 3-star awarded Junei Hotel in Kyoto. Enjoy the exclusive experience of "maiko" (geisha-in-training) performance in the comfort of your hotel room.
There are six traditional red-light districts in Kyoto that have existed for centuries: Kamihichiken, Gion Kobu, Gion Higashi, Shimabara, Pontocho, and Miyagawacho. They are collectively called "Rokkaichi". In the comfort of your room at The Juhei Hotel you can have an exclusive experience of watching a performance of maiko from Rokkaichi.
Example of the itinerary:
18:00 Maiko departs from Rokkaichi
18:30 Maiko arrives at The Junei Hotel
(20 minutes) Dance performance
(10 minutes) Break time
(20 minutes) Panel discussion
(10 minutes) Q&A time
(20 minutes) Commemorative photo session
20:30 Maiko returns to Rokkaichi
About The Junei Hotel:
- The Junei Hotel offers high-quality accommodation in premium double, premium twin and deluxe twin rooms. For room rates and availability contact us via our website chat window or email.
- The Junei Hotel also offers exclusive rent-out of its entire premises. For details, rates and availability contact us via our website chat window or email.
About the Maiko experience:
- The Maiko experience is available exclusively to The Junei Hotel guests.
- Between 1 and 3 maiko perform in one session.
- The experience takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes including the maiko travel time to and from The Junei Hotel.
- Please inform us in advance if you would like more than 3 maiko performing, and/or if you would like the session with maiko extended.
From 15 o'clock to 18 o'clock, The Junei Hotel offers special prices:
- Price per session with 1 maiko: 60,500 yen
- Price per session with 2 maiko: 110,000 yen
- Price per per session with 3 maiko: 143,000 yen
After 18 o'clock prices are as follows:
- Price per session with 1 maiko: 65,340 yen
- Price per session with 2 maiko: 198,000 yen
- Price per session with 3 maiko: 275,000 yen
*All above prices are tax inclusive.
** Maiko transportation expenses are not included and are to be paid separately.
***Cancellation: Once booking of the Maiko experience has been made and all details confirmed, no refund will be provided in case of cancellation by guest at any point.
Other important information
The Junei Hotel also offers one-day experiences to its guests:
For more information on Visit to Kibune and Hozugawa River cruise click here.
For more information on the Tour of Northern Kyoto area click here.
The Junei Hotel is situated to the west of Kyoto Imperial Palace. It is within a 2-minute walking distance from Horikawa Shimodachiuri bus stop.
Organised by The Junei Hotel
There are no reviews yet.