- Wield a real Katana (Japanese sword)
- Zen practice (meditation) is included
- Learn about "Bushido" (the moral code of the Samurais)
Experience Katana and Zen in a historical Samurai house in Kyoto. This is an excellent chance for visitors to try out a REAL Katana (Japanese sword) and Samurai culture. Through this course, you can learn and feel “Bushido” with Katana and Zen.
This is an excellent chance for visitors to get a firsthand look into the world of the samurai. Get a glimpse into the philosophies of Bushido, the way of the warrior, and try your hand at wielding a real katana. Afterwards, practice some inward reflection with Zen meditation, used by the samurai to calm their minds during battle.
- Before being given a real blade it is important to master the basics. We will begin our training using wooden practice swords and instruct you on the proper grip, posture, and form.
Wield a real Katana (Japanese sword)
- After learning the basics, the next step is to wield a real katana, and use it to cut though a goza mat. We will place the goza mat vertically on a special stand and you can put your sword skills to the test.
- To wrap up the course you will be learn how to meditate using singing bowls. A singing bowl is a type of bell, the sounds of which help to clear and calm the mind. Though this deep meditation you will be able to dissipate some of the excitement from practicing with the sword and also learn ways in which Zen meditation can assist you in your daily life as well.
Available to book every day. Minimum 2 people per booking.
Approximately 120min ( 10:00 - 12:00 / 15:00 - 17:00 )
Our courses are conducted from 10AM and 3PM. When reserving a spot please select from one of these times. We are happy to negotiate regarding different times or private sessions in the case of large groups and other special circumstances. Please email us in advance and also please be aware that other charges may sometimes be applied.
Bookings are accepted for a minimum of 2 people.
We generally try to avoid scheduling sessions where there is only one guest. When booking as a solo traveler please be aware that we may contact you regarding changing your reservation to a time where you can join with another person or group.
Participants: 1 - 10 adults and up to 10 children
This experience includes:
- Activity fee
- Rental kimono
What you need to bring:
- Comfortable clothes
Hankyu Railway Omiya Station (the exact address will be provided when you book)